Thursday, August 24, 2006

(Baby Got) Back, but not for long....

I'm back!

For about 17 hours... and then it's onwards.... Just enough time (I hope) to grab some fresh clothes, get reorganized, digest a teensy bit of what has happened so far, and REST.

My goal to blog each time I visited a new place proved to be more challenging than I had expected. I imagined myself Sarah Jessica Parker-style, sipping a glass of wine, in comfy slippers, listening to mellow music as I recapped and the events of the day. I've learned that it's hard to journal each night when you've spent countless hours navigating strange freeways in new cities, locating simple amenities (a place to grab a good, non-greasy meal or some toothpaste), meeting with people, and just getting to and from places. It leaves no time to unwind at the end of the day. Plus, mishaps (which I promised you would abound) eat up time too.

So, I'm going to rest up a bit and then fill you in on what happened in Atlanta, Miami and South Carolina. I'm becoming a bit of an expert on airport security, the differences between drivers and driving in various cities and the more subtle details between each city's vibe, community and foods of choice! :)

And I was hapless enough to lose my phone charger in Miami so now I can't download my grainy cell phone photos....

Mishap #1: Lost cell phone charger.
(more to come!)

In Booty I Trust,
Tatyana

No comments: