Thursday, July 06, 2006

INSPIRED BY THE ASS

It feels like an eternity that I came up with this idea. It was last summer -- I was driving with my good friend. In the passenger seat, I'm always an active observer. I watched a gal walking along the sidewalk, wearing tight jeans that showed off her ample bottom. A young guy passed her by, oogling her and finally stopping in his tracks as he watched her in amazement from behind. I'm sure something was said, but I couldn't hear. I could easily fill in the blanks though -- we've all heard our share of complimentary (and sometimes even creative) comments from men! But for me, it was all in the stunned expression on this man's face.. and the extra bounce in the gal's step that followed.

I kid you not, minutes later Six Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" came on the radio...and my idea was born. There have been many points in my life where I've been in similar situations to the girl above. In fact, I went through a big portion of high school confused about my figure and why it attracted the attention that it did.

It's a hot topic, for sure. And one that is near and dear to me. I am excited at the chance to put my name on a great project as a director. It's a great and scary leap for me, career wise. I'm thrilled at the experiences ahead and the people I will soon meet....

Tatyana

No comments: