Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Decked out in Denim

I love clothes. So this part of my film is particularly fun. Especially because it's denim! What's more fun then denim???

Well, I should fess up. Denim hasn't always been fun for me. In fact, it's caused me probably the most culmulative stress over the course of my lifetime than any other shopping -- (considering how rarely I shop for swimwear). So hard to fit athletic thighs, hips and a tush.... believe you me. Even walking into Holt's (an upscale department store), I can rarely find the perfect fit even when I decide I can sacrifice a couple hundred dollars.

So when I found a denim company that caters to the bootylicious I was in heaven. And the expectation was high -- would I really be able to wear their jeans and love they fit???!?

They did they did they did!!!! Can't wait to share my findings with everyone on tape!!!

Because this has been a fit struggle plaguing mainly African-American women, the company was also thrilled to find a white gal that could fit their jeans. They also loved that I had an interesting look that could be any mix of nationalities... So they encouraged me to participate in the photo shoot that we'd be filming.

Such an exciting opportunity but hello, I'd never posed my bootie for anything before. I'd never even so much as had a professional photo taken since my childhood Sears Studio days.... We're talking ribbons in hair, sundress and maryjanes....

So what did I do?



I went to TARGET!

I should explain -- they gave all of the models an information sheet on which we were told what to bring to the shoot. Of course I didn't have MOST of the things on there because I had packed for a film shoot and not a glamour shoot....
So Target was my only hope.


Target calms me. Target makes me feel safe. It's really sick, but I think I can just wander through the store endlessly, lost in my thoughts and also distracting myself from over-thinking by checking out the wide array of goodies. I used to have this ridiculous obsession with heading to a Shoppers Drug Mart in Anytown-Canada when we were shooting a kids show a few years back. After wrap, I'd bug the front desk for the nearest 24hr Shoppers.... insane, I know. Maybe the stress of travelling lessens when I know that any amenity or toiletry is within my reach....

Anyhow, posing for those photos was the hardest thing I've ever done!!! Well, it's definifely high on the list. I guess I really should have practiced or something. Because once I was in front of 20 people and bright lights, alone, and trying to look "natural", I realized just how little I knew about my body and how to present it. Reminded me again why I feel safer beside the cameras... Don't really know how they all turned out, but I am definitely grateful for the experience! And I'm sure I will learn plenty about my bod by seeing the photos!


Thank you Claire, Dan and Nicole! You are amazing and I'm blessed to have crossed paths with you! I truly support what you're doing and the way you're doing it... Thank you also to the lovely models who were so sweet and supportive.


There's more to come....

1 comment:

ings said...

Good for you Tiana!!
my first post, yes but I know all the inside scoop anywho
YOu should post the pics from the photo shoot!
Next topic: Who has the next TOP BOOTY??