Thursday, November 16, 2006

Snapping Booty

What a remarkable day!

Today, I experienced (through osmosis) a nude booty photo shoot. Makes me wonder just how I got into this whole line of work to begin with!

There was a point in high school when I entertained thoughts of getting into law, maybe teaching, or even journalism. All challenging professions that would have also made my parents proud.

Years later, here I am, documenting the life and times of BOOTY. Ok, so if you read my blog regularly, you realize that there are several inner battles I'm currently having with myself.... credibility is clearly one.

After rain foiled our outdoor filming plans yet again, our crew made our way to the photo studio with the Artist. I was super excited, because I had spoken to a newly recruited model on the phone this morning who was coming to pose tonite. AND she was a white gal with booty. To date, the Artist had been looking for a white gal, who boasts the type of proportions he features in his art, with minimal success. The reality was, more African-American women have these natural assets.... As the Artist made a few calls to see who would be showing up for the shoot tonite (there were several women booked), we got our first hint that New Gal would not be showing up.

No answer on her phone.

I called her as well, and no answer.

(I like this pic because it's blurry -- it kind of works to add mystery and you can draw your own conclusions on what's happening...)

At the photo studio, I sat and chatted with 3 models who had posed for the Artist before -- in a room that smelled faintly of baby oil. Then another 2 gals (one newbie and one "vet") arrived and chatted. When I finally asked if any of them were willing to recreate the experience of posing for me, there was considerable reluctance. But we finally got one taker, and then a couple more. I'll leave the rest a mystery for the film.... as well as a few other surprises that happened that night.... it definitely was an interesting experience!

(booty evidence!!)


We wrapped well after midnite... one more day to go this trip....

No comments: